Core Tools of Risk Based PLM™ for Management Personnel
- Introduce attendees to the key elements of a RBPLM™ System.
- Teach attendees how RBPLM™ can be the cornerstone of an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System;
- Identify the resources required to properly implement RBPLM™;
- Identify the obstacles of properly implementing RBPLM™.
Who Should Attend
- All management personnel responsible for any element of the product development process from definition of Customer Requirements through to the delivery and servicing of the product.
Key Concepts Covered:
- Definition of Risk;
- Five major sources of Risk;
- Definition of Risk Based PLM® (RBPLM™) and how it helps a company reduce Risk;
- The four major risk reduction tools of RBPLM™ and their roles (Requirements Risk Assessment (RRA®), Design FMEA (System, Subsystem, Component), Process FMEA and Application FMEA);
- Overview of how RRA® is conducted;
- Key support tools of a properly conducted RRA®;
- Overview of how Design FMEA (System, Subsystem, Component) is conducted;
- Key support tools of properly conducted Design FMEA®;
- Overview of how Process FMEA is conducted;
- Key support tools of a properly conducted Process FMEA;
- Overview of how an Application FMEA is conducted;
- Key support tools of a properly conducted Application FMEA;
- Linkages between the major risk reduction and support tools of RBPLM™;
- Resources required to implement RBPLM™;
- Obstacles to implementing RBPLM™;
- The relationship between ISO 9001:2015 and RBPLM™.
“Harpco breaks down the barriers and corrects the pitfalls so companies can reap the full benefits of FMEA. Classroom training not only properly teaches FMEA, but participants actually build their business’s FMEA as they go and are often blown away by how much work got accomplished. Harpco Systems has become known as the Modern FMEA for a reason. Its structured, simplified and sustainable.”
“Harpco’s training is first rate and helps develop new ways of thinking about the importance of creating proper specifications early. Separately, I’ve seen firsthand the effectiveness of using their approach in problem solving, helping to advance problems that had reached a stall using traditional methods.”
“I would like to thank Harpco Systems for the help, advice and frankly the education in how to design, develop, source and manufacture new to world products.”
“We were very fortunate to work with Rich Harpster and his team as we improved our DFMEA process at Calsonic. There is no better teacher, coach, implementer than Rich when it comes to creating a knowledge base for engineers to use in creating part specs to assure that products meet the customer’s requirements. Rich teaches the basics, then he accelerates the FMEA process so that requirements and specs are related in a database that can be continually updated.”