Effective Application FMEA Implementation And Use
- (Class, Workshop)
Give attendees an in depth knowledge of how to use the Application FMEA (also known as an Usage FMEA) to identify the risks created by improper use of a product and how to define the proper controls to reduce the risk.
Make significant progress if not complete the development of Application FMEA and Control Plan for a product of the class’s choice.
Who Should Attend
All personnel who are responsible for the creation of instructions on how to properly store, transport and use the product.
- Students must have knowledge of the product and its proper use that they choose to use in the class exercises.
- Class Duration: 1 Day;
- Workshop Duration: 3-4 days, depending on application served.
What is an Application FMEA
Why perform an Application FMEA
When to perform an Application FMEA
Who should participate in the Application FMEA process
How to conduct an Application FMEA:
- How to create a Process Path for the Application FMEA;
- Two types of Application FMEA Failure Modes;
- Defining Failure Mode Effects;
- How to determine Severity (SEV) ratings in two minutes or less;
- Creation of the Application Specification Analysis;
- Nine sources of application failure;
- How to determine Occurrence (OCC) ratings in 15 seconds or less;
- The difference between prevention and detection controls;
- How to calculate the Risk Priority Number (RPN) and why it should be rarely used to determine what to work on;
- How to determine Class designations in the Application FMEA and their importance in determining what must be worked on.
How to Construct an Application Control Plan.
“Harpco breaks down the barriers and corrects the pitfalls so companies can reap the full benefits of FMEA. Classroom training not only properly teaches FMEA, but participants actually build their business’s FMEA as they go and are often blown away by how much work got accomplished. Harpco Systems has become known as the Modern FMEA for a reason. Its structured, simplified and sustainable.”
“Harpco’s training is first rate and helps develop new ways of thinking about the importance of creating proper specifications early. Separately, I’ve seen firsthand the effectiveness of using their approach in problem solving, helping to advance problems that had reached a stall using traditional methods.”
“I would like to thank Harpco Systems for the help, advice and frankly the education in how to design, develop, source and manufacture new to world products.”
“We were very fortunate to work with Rich Harpster and his team as we improved our DFMEA process at Calsonic. There is no better teacher, coach, implementer than Rich when it comes to creating a knowledge base for engineers to use in creating part specs to assure that products meet the customer’s requirements. Rich teaches the basics, then he accelerates the FMEA process so that requirements and specs are related in a database that can be continually updated.”