Reducing Requirements Related Risk Using the Requirements Risk Assessment (RRA™)
- (Class, Workshop)
Give attendees an in depth knowledge of how to properly define optimized design requirements in order to develop better product designs while reducing risk.
Make significant progress if not complete the RRA® for product selected for workshop.
Who Should Attend
- All personnel who participate in capturing the voice of the customer.
- All personnel who participate in the definition of design requirements.
- Students must have knowledge of the product that they choose to use for the Workshop.
- Class Duration: 1 Day;
- Workshop Duration: 3-4 days, depending on application served.
Key Concepts Covered:
- Why the RRA® is the most important process a company can implement to reduce risk;
- The role of the Requirements Risk Assessment (RRA®), Design FMEA (System, Subsystem, Component), Process FMEA, Design Validation Plan, Design Verification Plan and Process Control Plan in Risked Based PLM®;
- Linkages between RRA®, Design FMEA, Process FMEA, Design Validation Plan, Design Verification Plan and Process Control Plan;
- Common mistakes made when capturing the voice of the customer;
- Detecting and defining “undefined customer requirements”;
- High cost of incorrect or undefined customer requirements;
- Common mistakes made when defining design requirements;
- High cost of incorrect or undefined design requirements;
- How the customer type affects the RRA® methodology to be used;
- Step by step method for performing RRA®.
“Harpco breaks down the barriers and corrects the pitfalls so companies can reap the full benefits of FMEA. Classroom training not only properly teaches FMEA, but participants actually build their business’s FMEA as they go and are often blown away by how much work got accomplished. Harpco Systems has become known as the Modern FMEA for a reason. Its structured, simplified and sustainable.”
“Harpco’s training is first rate and helps develop new ways of thinking about the importance of creating proper specifications early. Separately, I’ve seen firsthand the effectiveness of using their approach in problem solving, helping to advance problems that had reached a stall using traditional methods.”
“I would like to thank Harpco Systems for the help, advice and frankly the education in how to design, develop, source and manufacture new to world products.”
“We were very fortunate to work with Rich Harpster and his team as we improved our DFMEA process at Calsonic. There is no better teacher, coach, implementer than Rich when it comes to creating a knowledge base for engineers to use in creating part specs to assure that products meet the customer’s requirements. Rich teaches the basics, then he accelerates the FMEA process so that requirements and specs are related in a database that can be continually updated.”