Presented in conjunction with ASQ’s Risk & Reliability Division, this webinar explains how to assign ratings (Severity, Occurrence & Detection) in a Design FMEA as well as the following:
- The importance of the Class column
- How to use the Design FMEA to prioritize design problems
- How to determine when a design should be released
- Fundamentals of the new AIAG-VDA Action Priority (AP) Rating for the Design FMEA that is intended to replace RPN rating in the Design FMEA and why it does not work
- AIAG-VDA’s ratings systems for the DFMEA and why if used the effectiveness of your Design FMEAs will be severely degraded
Numerous examples are provided, including a medical device FMEA.