Quality Plus™ Design FMEA Software
The goals of the Quality Plus® Design Improvement Modules are to assist the company in ensuring that customer needs are properly defined:
- Product design requirements are properly specified to meet customer needs;
- Design specifications are properly specified to meet product requirements;
- Designs are optimized to achieve Six Sigma performance.
Key Product Features
- Customer needs documentation and tracking;
- Product design requirements documentation and tracking;
- Computer generated System Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (SFMEA);
- Computer generated Design Validation Plan & Report (DVPR);
- Computer generated product design requirement change quality and cost evaluation;
- Design specifications documentation and tracking;
- Computer generated Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA);
- Computer generated Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R);
- Computer generated design specification change quality and cost evaluation;
- Product Design Bookshelf Technology to facilitate effective use of design lessons learned;
- All documentation is linked to support a wide variety of queries.
Quality Benefits of Using Product
- Improved ability to properly define and evaluate product design requirements;
- Improved ability to properly define and evaluate design specifications;
- Improved ability to achieve Six Sigma performance by addressing manufacturability issues during the design phase.
Time Benefits of Using Product
- Design validation testing is optimized;
- Design verification testing is optimized;
- Design risk analysis can be performed in minutes versus weeks or months;
- Cloning features allow rapid generation of customized product quality system documentation.
Cost Benefits of Using Product
- Reduced testing costs;
- Reduced field warranty costs;
- Reduced internal reject and rework costs;
- Reduced production costs
“We used Q Plus to achieve Q1 and ISO 16949 successfully at the Ford Motor Co. Monroe BAO Plant. The software promoted linked documentation that prevented issues at internal and external audits. Assured the quality documents at the operations production level had all relevant and concurrent information that was reviewed in the program files. QPlus allowed the program members to create a baseline “Hot End Exhaust” database that produced linked documentation from the DFMEA to the production visual aids the operators used to perform correctly.”
Harpco Systems provides some of the most technologically advanced FMEA software tools on the market……. Harpco Systems has become known as the Modern FMEA for a reason. Its structured, simplified and sustainable.
I have been working with Harpco Systems for 20 yrs and have seen how their products and services continue to improve to meet customer demands. Finding a disciplined approach to relate field performance to product design specifications is rare. There just is no uncomplicated way to do this correctly. Harpco’s approach handles all the complication internal to their software so the engineers can focus on other aspects of their job. Because the known failure mechanisms and causes are mapped, this information can be used for problem solving and driving continuous improvement in manufacturing.